Terms and Conditions
Please find below the Ecoed game app Terms and Conditions for users
- INTRODUCTION: Welcome to our application Ecoed Game (the “App“). This App is published by Ojo Solutions (“Developer”) on behalf of COMMIT Human Capital Solutions Ltd (“COMMIT” or “We” or “Us“), a company registered in Hong Kong (68092500-000-08-17-9).
If you have been given access to the App by a school or other third party, please contact the school or third party directly if you have any questions in relation to the App.
- GENERAL RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: The App User states that they are of legal age to access the Services and Content, or if legally possible, to access with their legal guardian consent, due authorisation and agreement with these Terms. The App must not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. When you use the App you must comply with all applicable international laws, including the local laws in your country of residence (together referred to as “Applicable Laws”).
You agree that when using the App you will comply with all Applicable Laws and these Terms. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
(a) Use the App in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including (without limitation) copyright infringement; or
(b) Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the App or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the App; or
(c) Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the App or re-format or frame any portion of the pages comprising the App, save to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms or by law.
(d) Use the App only for its purposes, and will not use it to harm anyone or to cause offence to or harass any person, use it for fraudulent or abusive purposes.
You agree to indemnify COMMIT in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which they suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the App otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Laws.
You agree not to upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise submit any Content that is or could reasonably be viewed as unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory or otherwise objectionable, of pornographic or of indecent nature, invasive of another's privacy, likely to incite violence or racial or ethnic hatred, which infringes any intellectual property right or other proprietary right, which consists of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- CONTENT: The copyright in all material contained on, in, or available through the App including all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics and video messages, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material (“Material“) is owned by or licensed to COMMIT. All rights are reserved.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Trade Marks“) contained on or in the App are owned by COMMIT or third party partners of COMMIT. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of COMMIT or the relevant third party partner of COMMIT.
When accessing the App, the specific rules, scoring, controls and guidelines for the game can be found within the game itself. Such rules are integral part of the Terms, which you shall agree and comply.
Any charges related to you accessing the App, including but not limited to internet connection and/or mobile or data charges are your full responsibility.
- USER ACCOUNTS: You are responsible for safeguarding the password that is used to access the App. COMMIT encourages you to use strong passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with the accounts. COMMIT cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above.
You agree to take all steps necessary to protect log in details and keep them secret, and not give log in details to anyone else or allow anyone else to use their log in details or account, including log in details and account for any social network or platform that you may allow the App to interact with. COMMIT shall not have any responsibility for the consequences of failure by you to these provisions, and agree to fully compensate COMMIT for any losses or harm that may result. Furthermore, COMMIT shall not be responsible for any loss that you may suffer as a result of an unauthorised access to their accounts and/or use of the App, and COMMIT accepts no responsibility for any losses or harm resulting from this unauthorised use, whether fraudulently or otherwise.
You have the right to have your personal data erased at your request, for whatever reason at anytime. Should you require to do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and simply state that you wish for your personal data to be removed, including your Ecoed app username and email. We will cease to use and erase your personal data if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- LINK TO THIRD PARTIES: The App may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites“). COMMIT may monetise some of these links through the use of third party affiliate programmes. Notwithstanding such affiliate programmes, COMMIT does not have any influence or control over any such Third Party Websites and, unless otherwise stated, is not responsible for and does not endorse any Third Party Websites or their availability or contents.
- DISCLAIMER / LIABILITY: USE OF THE APP IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE APP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) COMMIT DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO THE APP; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE APP (WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY, TERM OR CONDITION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ANY SPECIAL PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE ARE, AS BETWEEN COMMIT AND YOU, HEREBY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE INTERNET AND/OR THE APP; OR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY TO YOU OR YOUR EQUIPMENT AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE APP. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
COMMIT will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the App, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
IF COMMIT IS LIABLE TO YOU DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IN RELATION TO THE APP, THAT LIABILITY (HOWSOEVER ARISING) SHALL BE LIMITED TO: (A) FIFTY POUNDS STERLING (£50.00); OR (B) THE SUMS PAID BY YOU UPON PURCHASING THE APP, OR ANY IN-APP SPEND, INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTIONS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as excluding or limiting the liability of COMMIT for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other liability which cannot be excluded by international/UK law.
- SERVICE SUSPENSION: COMMIT reserves the right to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the apps published by it, with or without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
- ADVERTISERS IN THE APP: Whilst we choose appropriate advertising partners carefully, if you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the App, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not COMMIT, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
The types and extent of advertising by COMMIT on the App are subject to change. In consideration for COMMIT granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that COMMIT and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the App or in connection with the display of Content or information from the App whether submitted by you or others.
- COMPETITIONS: If you take part in any competition which is run in or through the App (“Competition“), you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by COMMIT from time to time (“Competition Rules“) and by the decisions of COMMIT, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. COMMIT reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the Competition Rules.
- GENERAL: These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and COMMIT concerning your use of the App.
COMMIT reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, the updated version will be effective immediately, and the current Terms are available through a link in the App to this page. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them and you will be bound by the new policy upon your continued use of the App. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of COMMIT.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with local and international law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of your country.
If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
COMMIT’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by COMMIT in writing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits whether pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise in favour of any person other than you and COMMIT.
- CONTACT US: You can contact COMMIT Human Capital Solutions via email: email@example.com or via post to its legal address Unit 305-307 3/F LAFORD CENTRE
838 LAI CHI KOK ROAD
CHEUNG SHA WAN
KOWLOON, HONG KONG.